Turning Point of Tampa is taking the necessary steps to continue to admit clients for Addiction, Eating Disorders and Dual Diagnosis treatment while responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). These precautions are in place for all levels of care, including Licensed Residential, PHP and Intensive Outpatient.
We are aware of the seriousness of this virus and the potential implications for individuals with Substance Use Disorder (SUD), Eating Disorders and Co-Occurring Disorders. Our leadership team is closely monitoring guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and our Medical Director Dr. Hardeep Singh has implemented a comprehensive plan to protect the health and safety of our clients and staff.
Turning Point of Tampa will continue to monitor the status of the Coronavirus and will make updates accordingly in regard to client care. Our clients and their families are experiencing a crisis when they seek our help and we want to do everything in our power to ensure their safety. We greatly appreciate your support and understanding during this challenge and we offer our best to you and your loved ones, friends and colleagues.
- Staff are adhering to the highest level of infection control, sanitation and hygiene practices
- All clients presenting for admission and their family members will be screened for symptoms, international travel and exposure to someone with a known case of COVID-19
- All on-site visits, support groups and 12-step meetings on our campus have been suspended
- this includes our weekly aftercare group and Alumni group.
- Clients are attending virtual 12-Step meetings
- All non-essential business travel, on site events and site tours and outside events have been postponed
You can find additional information on the Coronavirus response on the following websites. Please refer to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website for daily updates.
- CDC Situation Summary
- SAMHSA Public Health Emergency Response
- Joint Commission Infection Prevention and Control
- NIH Potential Implications for Individuals with SUD
- NAATP Responding to the Coronavirus
The following helpline phone numbers are for local Tampa Bay 12-Step Groups. You can find global information on each group’s website by clicking on the links below.
- Alcoholics Anonymous – 813.933.9123
- Narcotics Anonymous – 813.879.HELP (4357)
- Overeaters Anonymous – 813.254.4190
- Al-Anon – 813.881.9372
- Nar-anon – 888.947.8885