- What is your name & job title?
Jennifer Flansburg Client Coordinator
- How long have you worked at Turning Point of Tampa?
I have worked at TPOT for almost a year and a half.
- Please share about your own personal recovery journey.
I attended my first AA meeting a little over 4 and a half years ago and made the HUGE mistake of comparing myself to everyone else. I did not look for similarities, only differences and as a result, I continued to drink and run my life into the ground. A year and a half later, I found myself back in the rooms and was ready to identify, not compare. I was ready to surrender. I felt hope as I listened to people in the rooms, and I decided to be honest about my addiction and follow directions. I immediately got a sponsor and began to work the steps of Alcoholics Anonymous. Little by little, my world began to right itself. In November, I will celebrate three years of sobriety and all I feel is gratitude for the program of AA and the beautiful life it has given to me.
- What is your favorite part of working at Turning Point of Tampa?
My favorite part of working at Turning Point of Tampa is that I get to witness the miracle of recovery each day. It is a privilege to be even a small part of the clients’ recovery journey.
- If you could share one thing with people and their families who are struggling with addiction or/mental health issues, what would that be?
If I could share one thing, I would say it is never too late to recover. You are worth it!