I have been thinking about my recovery from alcoholism and how to explain what it means to me.
- It means emerging into the light instead of living in darkness
- It means waking up instead of coming to
- It means knowing who I am instead of pretending what I want to be
- It means finding meaning and purpose in my life instead of creating confusion and chaos
- It means finding daily positives to be grateful for instead of dwelling on negatives to complain about
- It means realizing that people in my life treat me with love and respect instead of anger and pity
- It means fulfilling a dream instead of chasing a nightmare
- It means finding hope instead of living in fear
- It means being ready to act instead of ready to run
It’s all good………………………….What does your recovery mean to you?